4 April 2008

Buy a Friend a Book Week = BAFAB

I read about BAFAB over on Mrs S's blog. And so I investigated further.

At the site, I learnt that BAFAB Weeks come four times a year, in the first weeks of January, April, July, and October. Then I read there are rules: But here's the fun part: you can't buy your friend a book because it's their birthday or they just graduated or got engaged or had a baby or anything else. You have to give them a book for no good reason.

And then I worked out that I had actually done that last night! Bought the books that is. Perhaps my motives are a bit transparent. Sister in law and I share similar reading tastes.
So last night when I was out I bought 2 books to lend to her:
  • A CURE FOR ALL DISEASES by Reginald Hill
  • SHATTER by Michael Robotham
Why did I do it? With all the books I have on hand, I couldn't really justify 2 more. It is a bit like bringing more stray kittens home. But they begged me to buy them, leapt off the shelves into my arms, besides they were out cheap - a promotion at K mart with $10 off each. But I know Claire will enjoy them, and then give them back to me to read. Conscience salved!

BAFAB was the idea of Debra Hamel, who has also started the Sunday Salon, which you will see in the right hand column.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great mention, Kerrie!

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

It's great that you and your SIL share reading tastes - and that you can trade books back and forth. I really need to go buy a friend a book!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin