18 December 2008

Spreading the Love, thanks Cathy

Many thanks to Cathy at Kittling: Books who has given me her "Best Observer of all things Mysterious Award."

This award is all about values that we hold dear and attitudes that we hate.
And after I've talked about my values, I'm supposed to nominate 6 friends (who won't ever talk to me again!) for appropriate awards.



Six things I believe in

literacy for all
the power of books
universal education
the right to vote
the role that libraries play in our communities
our obligation to help each other

Six things I abhor
racial prejudice
cruelty to animals
intolerance
restrictive practices
ignorance
violence

My Awards
  • The Caring for Others Award goes to Marg at Reading Adventures who has organised a great Blog Advent Tour this year.
  • The Caring for Animals Award goes to Sunnie at Sunnie's Book Blog who is doing heaps of voluntary work for the RSPCA at present.
  • The Caring About What we are Reading Award goes to Karen at Euro Crime who is building an amazing resource.
  • The Caring about Scandinavian Crime Fiction Award goes to Barbara who constantly points us to new books.
  • The Amazing List Award goes to Janet who has today produced the most amazing list of Christmas and Miseltoe Mysteries
  • The Encouragement to Kerrie Award goes to Bernadette whom I first met online when she commented on my blog earlier this year.
So now blogging nominees, it’s up to you to go forth and follow these simple guidelines:
  • Mention the blog that gave it to you.
  • Comment on their blogs to let them know you have posted the award.
  • Share 6 values that are important to you.
  • Share 6 things you do not support.
  • Share the love with six other wonderful blogging friends.

6 comments:

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks for the award. I try to cover lots of topics in Mystery Fanfare (http://mysteryreaderinc.blogspot.com), my Blog, and Mystery Readers Journal, the thematic mystery periodical. The Mistletoe Mysteries is only one of many. The first issue of MRJ in 2009 will focus on Crime for the Holidays.

Great Blog, by the way.

Marg said...

Thanks for the award Kerrie!

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Many thanks Kerrie, so nice of you to choose me. Much appreciated!

Sunnie Gill said...

Thank you Kerrie. I have the sneaking suspicion that I get more out of the volunteering than the dogs do.
At the very least the exercise I get walking gives me an excuse to pig out on food.

Barbara said...

Tusen takk, Kerrie!

Kerrie said...

"A thousand thanks" and is the equivalent of "Thank you very much" (norwegian) You're welcome Barbara

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin