13 November 2009

Relentless weather, heat, pageants

I've re-cycled this image from my friend Bernadette's blog, because it so beautifully sums up our weather at present. [oops! apologies to Taswegians, I've just realised you've dropped off the map]
Actually the weather map on tonight's TV contained suggestions that some places are about to get rain. But here in good old Adelaide after 5 days of high temps, we are about to have 39C tomorrow and 40C on Sunday.
After that things are supposed to get better (click on the image for a better view):

And tomorrow is the Christmas pageant! And we are meant to be trying the "failed" wave again!
For Enfield Brass, it is the beginning of silly season - with a pageant every weekend between now and Christmas.

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

Hope you and your crew survive the pageant without too much hassle Kerrie, I'm taking a 3-year old but we're going early to look at the floats before they leave South Tce then going home. In the afternoon I'm attending a global warming forum which I find a little ironic given this spring heatwave.

Anonymous said...

I hope the pageant goes well for you, Kerrie!

Marg said...

Thinking of all those Adelaideans sweltering whilst watching the pageant today, and the people performing in it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin