8 November 2009

Sunday Salon - 8 November 2009

It is not yet summer in the Land DownUnder but on this weekend in the driest state in the driest continent the heat is here with a vengeance. And the weather pundits are promising us more of the same in the coming week.

For the last couple of days we have been staying in Winnie's Cottage at McLaren Vale, visiting wineries and a grower's market, and sampling local produce like almonds and cheeses, and of course, reading.

I took my newly arrived International Kindle with me, and finished my very first book on it, a book by the way that I couldn't buy here in Australia. I'm not sure, but I actually came away with the impression that the larger font on the Kindle helped me read it faster. Not sure what I will read on the Kindle next. Got any crime fiction recommendations?

Be part of my blog this week
  • Join the Alphabet in Crime Fiction Community Meme. Tomorrow my blog will feature the invitation for the letter F. Today see the contributions for the letter E. Another way to get people to visit your blog, and also to meet some new crime fiction bloggers. In the last week we had 10 contributions so it is becoming a great way to see recommendations for new crime fiction titles and authors. We don't mind if you recycle a review you've already written or just contribute occasionally.
  • Do you read Agatha Christie novels or short stories? You could join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge. Some of us are reading her works in order of publication, while others are just reading them as they can get them. One a month seems to be a good target to aim for. Learn what the challenge is about, or simply join it. Every month you can submit your posts and other related sites to the Agatha Christie Blog Carnival.
Last week's posts:Currently reading:
  • now - THE COMPLAINTS, Ian Rankin
  • audio (in the car) - THE BARRED WINDOW, Andrew Taylor
  • on line - THE DOG WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, Alexander McCall Smith chapt 40

3 comments:

Dorte H said...

Thank you for sharing these photos. Have a wonderful time!

I am looking forward to your Andrew Taylor review.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Kerrie! I'm really happy for you. It sounds as though you're really enjoying your Kindle, too. You're tempting me to look into one, too!

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

Glad your enjoying your Kindle. I can't live without my eReader. I do think I read quicker on mine than I do a regular paperback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin