21 November 2009

Weekly Geeks 2009-43: In Quest of a Top 10

Our Weekly Geeks task for the next fortnight (by December 4 that is) is to come up with our top 10 reads for 2009. To qualify the titles need to have been published in 2009. So this list is a little different to the one I will publish at the end of the year because that one will look at all the books I've read, not just those published in 2009.

My genre of course is crime fiction.
  • THE REDEEMER by Jo Nesbo
  • RED BONES by Ann Cleeves
  • MIDNIGHT FUGUE by Reginald Hill
  • DARK MIRROR by Barry Maitland
  • THE COMPLAINTS by Ian Rankin
  • THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST by Stieg Larsson
  • FIFTY GRAND by Adrian McKinty
  • BLACK ICE by Leah Giarratano
  • THE CHALK CIRCLE MAN by Fred Vargas
  • THE POISONING IN THE PUB by Simon Brett
There are 2 Australian authors in my list (and one currently resident Down Under), and 3 translated books .

If you'd like to contribute your top 10 to this community activity, read the Weekly Geeks page.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice list. I haven't heard of any of the titles besides the Larsson's one. I'll have to look into them now.

Care said...

Did you have a favorite of these? :)

Dorte H said...

I wonder whether I have READ ten which have been published in 2009?

Well, perhaps if I cheated a bit and included books which were published in any of my languages ...

Kerrie said...

Care- they are listed in rating order, but of course they are all very close together

pussreboots said...

I haven't heard of any of the books on your list. I like mysteries so I'm bookmarking your list. My post is here.

gautami tripathy said...

I always find the best of crime fiction on your blog. Bookmarking it..

Weekly Geeks: Top Books of 2009

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin