15 January 2010

Review: CHRISTMAS CAROL, Charles Dickens

I know, I know, I can can hear you!

A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens is not crime fiction!

This audio book came to me as a Christmas gift from Audible.com.

This is a most enjoyable performance by Tim Curry (hope I got the right picture)

The book is presented in five parts, and you probably all know the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, whose name is synonymous with penny pinching, mean-ness, and all enjoyment of Christmas being dashed as humbug. He is visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, the present, and the future, and brought to his senses before it is too late.

A lovely enjoyable presentation. Tim Curry's voice is wonderful.
My rating 4.6.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I really enjoy Tim Curry's voice and acting, so this sounds like a terrific way to experience the story.

Joe Barone said...

"A Christmas Carol" embodies the spirit of Christmas in a special way.

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

I read thus for the first time over Christmas and lved it.

Tim Curry is an amazing actor so I imagine the audio of this would be very enjoyable.

Hampers said...

Thanks for sharing the Review: CHRISTMAS CAROL, Charles Dickens and found it to be interesting. Will order my copy today.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin