- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
27 March 2010
On our travels again
Today we off on our travels again, back to Abu Dhabi, and while we are there, a side trip for a week to Turkey.
So I've scheduled lots of posts for the blog, but I'll also be able to add reviews of books I'm reading (and perhaps even upload pictures) from time to time.
Don't you love the camel?
In 2003 and 2004 the Rotary Club of Dubai sponsored Artists in the U.A.E. who painted and embellished camel sculptures into unique works of art which were then showcased in a multitude of high profile locations. The project culminated in a public art auction with the proceeds going to children’s charities and for the development of art and culture in Dubai. Over 100 camels were created.
This is one of the ceramic camels produced by the Dubai Camel Company for the Camel Caravan. I bought him in Abu Dhabi a couple of weeks ago. There are 16 camels in the caravan and this one is Jordanian Spirit painted by Shereen Noor Awad.
I'd love to collect some more!
Check all the camels created.