- Latest additions
- 2015 Reviews
- All Reviews (ranked)
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2015 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Aussie authors read in 2015
- Agatha Christie Novels
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
27 March 2010
On our travels again
Today we off on our travels again, back to Abu Dhabi, and while we are there, a side trip for a week to Turkey.
So I've scheduled lots of posts for the blog, but I'll also be able to add reviews of books I'm reading (and perhaps even upload pictures) from time to time.
Don't you love the camel?
In 2003 and 2004 the Rotary Club of Dubai sponsored Artists in the U.A.E. who painted and embellished camel sculptures into unique works of art which were then showcased in a multitude of high profile locations. The project culminated in a public art auction with the proceeds going to children’s charities and for the development of art and culture in Dubai. Over 100 camels were created.
This is one of the ceramic camels produced by the Dubai Camel Company for the Camel Caravan. I bought him in Abu Dhabi a couple of weeks ago. There are 16 camels in the caravan and this one is Jordanian Spirit painted by Shereen Noor Awad.
I'd love to collect some more!
Check all the camels created.