29 December 2010

Australasian crime fiction I read in 2010

Australian crime fiction
I've read about 1 Australian crime fiction title in every 5 in the last year.
That's made 18 titles in 2010 (there were 20 in 2009)
Not bad, but I'm going to try to increase it in 2011.
I've hyperlinked the titles to my reviews.

5.0, BLEED FOR ME, Michael Robotham
5.0, TRUTH, Peter Temple
5.0, GUNSHOT ROAD, Adrian Hyland
5.0, A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO DIE, Malla Nunn 
4.6, THE OLD SCHOOL, P.M. Newton  
4.6, BLOOD BORN, Kathryn Fox
4.6, THE KILLING HANDS, PD Martin
4.6, TAKE OUT, Felicity Young
4.5, DEEP WATER, Peter Corris
4.5, LET THE DEAD LIE, Malla Nunn 
4.5, BEAT NOT THE BONES, Charlotte Jay
4.5, SILK CHASER, Peter Klein  
4.3, DEAD MAN'S CHEST, Kerry Greenwood
4.3, A CANTERBURY CRIME, Brian Kavanagh 
4.3, FORBIDDEN FRUIT, Kerry Greenwood
4.3, SMOKE & MIRRORS, Kel Robertson
4.3, CONSEQUENCES OF SIN, Clare Langley-Hawthorne  
4.2, BLOODY HAM, Brian Kavanagh

New Zealand crime fiction
In 2010 I also read a number of books related to the short list for inaugural Ngaio Marsh award.

as well as
TIED UP IN TINSEL, Ngaio Marsh, my rating 4.5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I think that's quite impressive!

Bernadette said...

Excellent list Kerrie. I have to catch up on my PD Martin, Kel Robertson and Felicity Young.

I have only read 19 Aussie authored books this year (out of 161 finished books) and I too aim to up the percentage next year - just wish the new releases weren't quite so expensive to buy. Not that I can't afford them these days but I do resent paying $33+ for an Aussie book that's not released overseas when I pay about $15 for all my other books thanks to book depository.

kathy d. said...

This is an impressive list. Thanks for the ideas.

Doesn't the public library carry the Aussie authors' books? That would save money. (The prices are outrageous. Hardbacks in the U.S. are expensive, when one adds in tax and shipping. In bookstores, one could pay $30 for a new hardcover with tax. Amazon's discounts plus super-saver shipping helps.)

My own library system carries U.S.-published books and authors, but global, not so much.

Great list to use for reference, will read the reviews, and look for some of the titles at the usual sites.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin