7 December 2010

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2011

The Alphabet in Crime Fiction - a Community Meme.

I've been thinking for quite a while about whether I will run this meme/challenge again and have decided to give it a go. It was very popular when I ran it in 2009/10.

Here are the rules

Each week, beginning Monday 10 January 2011, you have to write a blog post about crime fiction related to the letter of the week.
Your post MUST be related to either the first letter of a book's title, the first letter of an author's first name, or the first letter of the author's surname.

So you see you have lots of choice.
You could write a review, or a bio of an author, so long as it fits the rules somehow.

Please check each Monday for the letter of the week (a letter image will be supplied that you can use in your post as well as the meme icon if you wish), and then link your post back to the page.
Also come back and put the link to your blog post in Mr. Linky on this site.
Then come and check to see who else has posted and visit their blog.
You will have until the end of the week to complete your mission.

If you would like to make a commitment to the meme and sign up, use the Mr Linky below.
Preferably you could link to a "commitment" post on your site, which displays the logo and the rules, and links to this post, or alternatively you could link to your blog.

18 comments:

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

It's great that you're running this again! Now I'll have to get thinking - and reading, of course.

Many thanks.

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

I regret my error error. Hope you can fix it.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - This is great news!! I'm definitely going to commit. My post will be up later, but most definitely I'm in.

gautami tripathy said...

I am very glad that it is back. I looked forward to it each Monday!

Kerrie said...

all fixed Jose Ignacio
Welcome everybody

Natasha said...

Came over from Margot's blog. She's made me me realise how far behind I am on my crime reading, so this may just be what the good doctor ordered.
I am pretty sure I will end up dropping out midway, but knowing me, once I publicly commit, I normally see it through to the end.
And I like that this need not be just books, but could include names and surnames of authors.

Kerrie said...

Welcome Rayna - I hope this inspires you to read more crime fiction. If there is a week when you can't put up a post, just ignore it, and resume the next

Anonymous said...

I loved watching from the sidelines last time around, and now I've decided to be brave and take the plunge.

Bev Hankins said...

Sounds like fun! And I do like me some good mysteries! Shouldn't have a problem coming up with posts.

Kerrie said...

Welecome Stephen, Lynossa, Fleur and Bev.

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Kerrie, Thanks so much for hosting this challenge. I look forward to participating in the coming year.

Kerrie said...

You are very welcome Crystal

Lynossa (Deranged Book Lovers) said...

I can't wait for this! Do we have to post every week or is it alright to skip it once awhile?

Kerrie said...

It is fine to skip weeks Lynossa

Sally said...

This looks like fun Kerrie, I'm looking forward to it.

Yvette said...

Kerrie: I don't know why I didn't link to my ABC Committment post, but anyway, it's up on my blog now. I'll write something with a B tomorrow. Sounds like a fun plan.

Anonymous said...

Well, better late than never. At least there's 21 letters left to go. This sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - game on!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin