30 December 2010

New to me authors in 2010: crime fiction of course

Following precedents set earlier this month by Reactions to Reading, The Game's Afoot, Petrona, and View from the Blue House, here is my list of new-to-me authors in 2010. In some cases the author has been publishing for a while, and they just haven't come to my notice. In other cases there has been only one novel so far.
There are 46 on my list, so about 1 in 3 of the books I read in 2010 are by authors who are new to me.

I've hyperlinked the list to my reviews, but you'll see also that in some cases I have also gone on to read another title by that particular author.

5.0, BLACKLANDS, Belinda Bauer
5.0, DEVIL'S PEAK, Deon Meyer
5.0, A CARRION DEATH, Michael Stanley
5.0, A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO DIE, Malla Nunn
4.9, THE BLOOD OF THE WICKED, Leighton Gage
4.8, THE PANIC ZONE, Rick Mofina
4.8, THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ, Zoe Ferraris
4.8, BURIAL, Neil Cross
4.7, ROOM, Emma Donoghue
4.7, THE GHOSTS OF BELFAST, Stuart Neville
4.6, ACCESS ROAD, Maurice Gee
4.6, RED APRIL, Santaigo Roncagliolo
4.6, THE WHITE GALLOWS, Rob Kitchin
4.6, ICE MOON, Jan Costin Wagner
4.6, THE OLD SCHOOL, P.M. Newton
4.6, THE CROSSING PLACES, Elly Griffiths
4.6, CROSSFIRE, Miyuke Miyabe
4.5, THE BLOOD DETECTIVE, Dan Waddell
4.5, THE RING OF DEATH, Sally Spencer
4.5, THE REUNION, Simone Van Der Vlugt
4.5, THE SILENCE OF THE RAIN, Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza
4.5, THE MESSENGER, Daniel Silva - audio
4.5, THURSDAY NIGHT WIDOWS, Claudia Pineiro
4.5, ON EDGE, Barbara Fister
4.5, BLOOD & ICE, Robert Masello
4.5, THE UNCOMMON READER, Alan Bennett
4.4, DISCOUNT NOIR, edited Patricia Abbott & Steve Weddle
4.4, OVERKILL, Joseph Teller
4.3, THE LAST POPE, Luis Miguel Rocha
4.4, BADFELLAS, Tonino Benacquista
4.4, LOVE YOU TO DEATH, Gail Bowen
4.3, BAIT, Nick Brownlee
4.3, THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, Mitch Albom
4.3, CONSEQUENCES OF SIN, Clare Langley-Hawthorne  
4.2, DISINTEGRATION, Scott Nicholson 
4.2, INHUMAN REMAINS, Quintin Jardine
4.2, DARK WINTER, William Dietrich 
4.2, THE SWAYING PILLARS, Elizabeth Ferrars
4.2, CUT & RUN, Alix Bosco  
4.1, THE MARATHON MURDERS,  Chester D Campbell
4.0, HAVANA BLACK, Leonardo Padura
4.0, TAROKO GORGE, Jacob Ritari
3.9, THE CHORISTER AT THE ABBEY, Lis Howell
3.8, MIDNIGHT IN MADRID, Noel Hynd
3.5, PLUM PUDDING MURDER, Joanne Fluke
2.5, TAKE THE MONKEYS AND RUN, Karen Cantwell

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

Great list Kerrie. I've read lots of those names too this year but still have a few more to try. Am looking forward to my first Leighton Gage which I think will kick off my 2011 Global Challenge

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I'm impressed! You've gotten to try a lot of new authors. Thanks for this list.

Dorte H said...

I have only read c 10 of these, but I have 6 of them on my TBR.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin