- Latest additions
- 2015 Reviews
- All Reviews (ranked)
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2015 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Aussie authors read in 2015
- Agatha Christie Novels
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
28 December 2010
Review: NEVER LOOK AWAY, Linwood Barclay
Source: Local Library
A warm summer Saturday. An amusement park. David Harwood is glad to be spending some quality time with his wife, Jan, and their four-year-old son. But what begins as a pleasant family outing turns into a nightmare after an inexplicable disappearance. As David struggles to restore his family, he discovers that the people we’re most close to are the ones with the biggest secrets.
This is one of those books where you can't reveal too much of the story without spoiling plot surprises for readers. It is a stand-alone so you don't need to have read anything else by Linwood Barclay. On the other hand, I'll be very surprised if you don't go looking for other titles by this well established Canadian crime fiction author if this is your first.
As he often does, Barclay has taken a scenario that others have explored, or that many parents have often thought about, and given it a strong twist. And then he delivers more shocks in rapid succession.
My rating: 4.6
Media release from Linwood Barclay's website, including a sneak peek at about 11 pages from the beginning of NEVER LOOK AWAY.
Petrona: an exciting read
The Lit Review: A fast-paced thriller
Other reviews of Barclay titles on MiP
NO TIME FOR GOODBYE
TOO CLOSE TO HOME
4.5, FEAR THE WORST