- I highlight/bookmark memorable bits as I'm reading
- I write comments about passages or ideas that strike me as I'm reading - just highlight some text and then press the space bar to begin making your annotation.
- Your book marks and annotations are stored in a file called MyClippings. When you attach your Kindle to your computer, it shows up as an extra drive. Look for a file called MyClippings. This is a text file and the annotations etc for the book you are currently reading will be at the end of the file.
- I copy and paste the relevant parts of the MyClippings file into a new text file and then save it on my computer by the name of the book.
- Once you've saved the text file you can disconnect the Kindle from your computer and then on the Kindle use MENU>View my notes and highlights to check the passages in the e-book that the notes and highlights are connected to.
- From the text file you've saved, you can use highlighted passages in your review as quotes, and hopefully the notes you've made will jog your memory about things you wanted to discuss in your review. (You'll find you get better at doing this)
- Sometimes the e-book also includes information about the author and other titles they have written. I often highlight that information and then use it in an "about author" section at the end of my review.
- You'll notice from my reviews on MYSTERIES IN PARADISE that I often use the image from the Amazon site, the product description, and the publisher's blurb in my review, but I always have a section where I talk about my impressions of the book.
- Latest additions
- 2014 Reviews
- All Reviews (ranked)
- Authors A-Z
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- USA Fiction Challenge
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2014
- Agatha Christie Novels
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2013 Reviews
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Reviews
- 2011 Reviews
- 2010 reviews
- 2009 Reviews
- 2008 reviews
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
27 April 2011
Writing book reviews using my Kindle
I thought some people might appreciate the steps I use in writing book reviews when I have read the book on my Kindle.