26 June 2011

Challenge: Crime Fiction on a EuroPass

I have been thinking about what some of us might do when the current Crime Fiction Alphabet, coming up to its last 3 letters for 2011, comes to an end.

My answer is Crime Fiction on a Euro Pass

The idea of this challenge is to embark on a 12 stage European Journey in Eurail Pass style.

I am your travel agent and I have chosen 12 destinations for your journey over 12 weeks starting on Monday 1 August.

The challenge is simple really.
You have to connect us to a blog post on your site that relates to crime fiction in the country we are visiting. The meme will enable us to share our knowledge and perhaps point out new reading opportunities to each other.

You can choose one of the following (or something more imaginative)
  • a book review (create a new one or revive an old one)
  • an author profile
  • a reading syllabus for crime fiction either set in this country, or written by authors from this country.
You may vary your choice from week to week, or set your own limitations.
It is ok to miss a week if life intervenes.

Sign up for the challenge now with Mr Linky - see the end of this post.

Please advertise the challenge with a post on your own site after you've joined up on Mr Linky.
Feel free to use the logo.

The stops on our journey will be
  1. Monday 1 August - England - this is our starting point, and as with all the countries we visit, you can choose exactly where your post takes us.
  2. Monday 8 August - Spain/Portugal
  3. Monday 15 August - France
  4. Monday 22 August - Holland/Belgium
  5. Monday 29 August - Denmark
  6. Monday 5 September - Germany
  7. Monday 12 September Austria
  8. Monday 19 September - Switzerland
  9. Monday 26 September - the Czech republic
  10. Monday 3 October - Italy
  11. Monday 10 October - Greece
  12. Monday 17 October - Turkey
Each week, please come back to MYSTERIES in PARADISE and use Mr Linky to connect to your post for that country.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea Kerrie. I can't resist.

Anonymous said...

Most of these countries are going to be a rough challenge for me but I am ready to roll.

Kerrie said...

Welcome Jose Ignacio and Violette

Lizzy Siddal said...

I have really enjoyed reading quite a few A-Z challenge posts. I didn't join in because 26 weeks was too much of a committment - but 12 weeks touring Europe in the summer is right up my street - so count me in!

Bev Hankins said...

Couldn't resist any longer (I was really trying to control my out-of-control challenge urge)...Challenge post is up. Heading for England now. British destination will be up ASAP.

J F Norris said...

I'll participate as well and will do my best to incorporate the lesser known an dout of print (as I always do) books set in those cites or written by authors long forgotten.

Kerrie said...

Thanks John. All contributions very welcome

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin