19 June 2011

Sunday Salon - 19 June 2011 - an update


Was it only 10 days ago that we returned from our overseas trip? Feels like ages!

It has taken a while to get back into harness, catching up on emails, and typing up book reviews that I drafted on paper. And of course, life has changed too. I've retired and regular work has been replaced by lots of other things, like providing child care for our grand daughter.

I've read some great books recently. My pick of the month for May was THE WRECKAGE by Australian author Michael Robotham. 

Currently I've read 75 books for the year. I've already completed a number of challenges and you can read about my progress on my Reading Challenges Update

Blog posts since I got back
My reading for May
  1. 4.2, THE VANISHING OF KATHARINA LINDEN, Helen Grant  (29 May)
  2. 4.8, SILENT VOICES, Ann Cleeves (27 May)
  3. 5.0, THE WRECKAGE, Michael Robotham (25 May)
  4. 4.8, THE HANGING WOOD, Martin Edwards  (20 May)
  5. 4.6, SAD CYPRESS, Agatha Christie (15 May)
  6. 3.9, DIAMOND EYES, A. A. Bell (13 May)
  7. 3.5, WHAT WAS LOST, Catherine O'Flynn (9 May)
  8. 4.1, LIQUORICE TWISTS, Dorte Jakobsen (9 May)
  9. 4.7, WHITE SKY, BLACK ICE, Stan Jones (9 May)
  10. 4.8, KEEPER OF LOST CAUSES, Jussi Adler-Olsen (5 May)
  11. 4.5, VENGEANCE ROAD, Rick Mofina (4 May)
  12. 4.4, EYE OF THE RED TSAR, Sam Eastland (2 May)

TBRN (To Be Read Next)
  • next - AN UNCERTAIN PLACE, Fred Vargas
  • next on Kindle - VIOLENT EXPOSURE, Katherine Howell
  • now on audio - TEN-SECOND STAIRCASE, Christopher Fowler
  • next Agatha Christie: ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE
News & Headlines

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I always feel like I need a vacation to catch up after a vacation.

Yvonne said...

You're doing great this year with your reading! Congrats on doing so well with the cozy challenge.

My Sunday Salon post is here

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin