1 January 2012

Reminder: I'm collecting your best crime fiction reads for 2011


As I've done for the past 2 or 3 years,  I will be "collecting" titles again this year and then aggregating them, and publishing lists, early in 2012.
I've decided that I will collect in two ways:
  • If you write a post on your own blog that lists your best crime fiction reads, then you can simply add the URL to the Mr Linky below and I will visit your site and collect the titles.
  • Your alternative is to add your list as a comment to this post. Other comments appear on my initial post at the beginning of December and I will collect them up too.
The books you choose need not have been published in 2011, but need to come under the category of crime fiction.

You choose how many titles are in your list - I'll accept any number of titles up to 20. (you might like to decide a cut off point in your ratings - mine might have to have a rating of 4.9 or above, but I need to have a serious think about that)

Please feel free to use this icon on your blog post, to advertise the meme, and encourage others to add their contributions to this page.

Remember, the Mr Linky below is for the URL of your blog post, not the titles themselves.
If you don't have a blog post just list the titles and authors in a comment.

"Collecting" will close on January 7.

Important: how to find this post when you are ready to add your list - look for the icon in the right hand margin.

5 comments:

kathy d. said...

My favorite reads of 2011:

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter- Tom Franklin
Outrage-Arnaldur Indridason
Nemesis-Jo Nesbo
Started Early, Took My Dog-Kate Atkinson
Roseanna-Maj Sjowall/Per Wahloo
The Doorbell Rang-Rex Stout
The Boy in the Suitcase-Lene Kaaberbol, Agnete Friis
Drawing Conclusions
Mistress in the Art of Death-Ariana Franklin
Mercy-Jussi Adler-Olsen
A Beautiful Place to Die-Malla Nunn
City of Secrets-Kelli Stanley
Until Thy Wrath Be Past-Asa Larsson
Faithful Place-Tana French
The End of the Wasp Season-Denise Mina
Excursion to Tindari-Andrea Camilleri
Violent Exposure-Katherine Howell

Bernadette said...

Kerrie added a link to my favourites post but Pandaemonium, Caleb's Crossing and Kinglake-350 are not crime fiction :)

Bill Selnes said...

Kerrie: I just linked my "Best of 2011" which includes non-fiction choices. Please delete them if you want.

Uriah Robinson said...

Kerrie I haven't posted about this yet, apart from the meme, but will do soon. Here are my best reads:
Euro Crime:

The Vault: Roslund-Hellstrom
Death on a Galician Shore: Domingo Villar
Mercy: Jussi Adler- Olsen
Misterioso: Arne Dahl
The Unlucky Lottery: Hakan Nesser

Translated but from outside Europe:

Trackers: Deon Meyer
Sweet Money: Ernesto Mallo

In original English:

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter: Tom Franklin

Very best wishes for 2012
Norman

Sarah said...

Just posted crimesquad.com's top 10 for 2011.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin