- Latest additions
- 2015 Reviews
- All Reviews (ranked)
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2015 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Aussie authors read in 2015
- Agatha Christie Novels
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
30 October 2012
Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012 - X is for EXPERT WITNESS
I've decided that for the Crime Fiction Alphabet meme this year I will try to feature books I've read in 2012.
So this week the letter X was a real challenge and I've decided to feature DEATH OF AN EXPERT WITNESS by P.D. James, which I recently re-read as an audio book.
When a young girl is found strangled in a field, it looks like a routine job for the staff of the East Anglian Forensic Laboratory. But then the senior biologist is found dead in his lab and murder comes closer to home. And Commander Adam Dalgliesh faces the most baffling inquiry of his career.
DEATH OF AN EXPERT WITNESS is the perfect illustration of what took P.D. James to the top of British crime fiction. Characters are clearly defined, plotting is convoluted but tight, motives are hidden, and red herrings abound. More
Check what others have chosen in Crime Fiction Alphabet this week for the letter X.