1 November 2013

Forgotten Book: DEATH OF A HOLLOW MAN, Caroline Graham

My pick this week for Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books comes from books that I read in 1991.

It is DEATH OF A HOLLOW MAN by Caroline Graham, #2 in her Chief Inspector Barnaby series, published in 1989.

Synopsis (Fantastic Fiction)

A visit to a Causton Amateur Dramatic Society production is not Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby's idea of good entertainment, but loyalty to his wife prevails. And when the leading man takes his role too much to heart in a gruesome final act, Tom finds his professional skills are called upon.

The first in this series THE KILLINGS AT BADGER'S DRIFT was featured in my Forgotten Books post in August 2011, and was also listed at #80 by the British Crime Writer's Association in their The Top 100 Crime Novels of All Time is a list published in 1990.

You might like to take this advice also - never visit Midsomer during a Festival!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I liked this series very much. And the TV series had some good episodes too. Thanks for the reminder.

Irene said...

My son also said that I should not visit Midsommer. Thanks for an excellent review.

Kelly Robinson said...

I majored in Theatre, so I always appreciate mysteries with a theatrical bent. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin