30 November 2013

What I read in November 2013

It is very unlikely that I will finish another book today so here is my November 2013 summary post.

This month I've made a lot of use of my Kindle as you can see in the list below.
I've read a couple of classics in THE BIG SLEEP by Raymond Chandler,   PIETR THE LATVIAN by Georges Simenon,  three books translated from French, and some other excellent offerings.

My pick of the month is  BITTER WASH ROAD by Garry Disher but ALEX by Pierre Lemaitre and THE CUCKOO'S CALLING, J.K. Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith came very close.
  1. 5.0, BITTER WASH ROAD, Garry Disher - Kindle, Australian author
  2. 4.2, MRS POLLIFAX AND THE LION KILLER, Dorothy Gilman  - audio book, USA Reading Challenge
  3. 4.2, THE BIG SLEEP, Raymond Chandler  - kindle
  4. 4.3, IN A WORD: MURDER, Margot Kinberg (edit) - kindle, short stories
  5. 4.3, PIETR THE LATVIAN, Georges Simenon  - kindle, translated
  6. 4.5, NO MAN'S NIGHTINGALE, Ruth Rendell  - library book
  7. 4.2, A COLD DAY FOR MURDER, Dana Stabenow - audio book, USA Reading Challenge
  8. 5.0, ALEX, Pierre Lemaitre  - translated, Kindle
  9. 5.0, THE CUCKOO'S CALLING, J.K. Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith -audio book
  10. 4.6, THE STONE BOY, Sophie Loubiere  - Kindle, translated
  11. 4.5, REFUSAL, Felix Francis  - library book

Check my review

See what others have chosen for their Pick of the Month 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the variety here, Kerrie. And you've reminded me (thanks) that I must read Bitter Wash Road.

Anonymous said...

Good list. I have to add the Garry Disher to my TBR list.

I liked The Cuckoo's Calling, a read a few months ago.

Unfortunately, I haven't had reading time for a few weeks, but I'm still in the middle of Sara Paretsky's Critical Mass. I like it. It is political, and revealing for those of us in the States, about the development of nuclear weapons.

It may not appeal to every reader, but it's fine with me, actually eye-opening, and V.I. is her usual bold, courageous, unflinching self.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin