3 October 2014

New to me authors: July to September 2014

So far this year I have read 27 authors that I haven't reviewed on this blog before.
That is just over a quarter of the books I have read.
(My guess is that somewhere in the dim past I may have read a book by some of them like Georgette Heyer)
Some of them are the result of looking for books that fit the description vintage, but a large number are recent publications.
There are twelve on my list for July-September this year. Most of them are what I would call middling reads with a couple of stand-outs.
  1. 4.0, DEATH-WATCH, John Dickson-Carr
  2. 3.9, THE CIRCULAR STAIRCASE, Mary Roberts Rinehart
  3. 3.7, THE FOOTPRINTS ON THE CEILING, Clayton Rawson 
  4. 4.7, ELIZABETH IS MISSING, Emma Healey
  5. 4.2, MURDER IN THE MONASTERY, Lesley Cookman 
  6. 4.8, HOLY ORDERS, Benjamin Black 
  7. 3.5, THE CARTOGRAPHER, Peter Twohig 
  8. 4.4, BUNDORI, Laura Joh Rowland 
  9. 3.8, A BLUNT INSTRUMENT, Georgette Heyer 
  10. 3.9, THE WALLS OF JERICHO, Jack Bunyan
  11. 4.6, THE MURDER BAG, Tony Parsons 
  12. 4.5, QUICK, Steve Worland   
Last year I read 59 new-to-me authors and I don't think I am going to get to that number this year.
Don't forget to check what others have been reading - see yesterday's post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I am going to get to that number this year

Even so, this is a very estimable accomplishment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin