Completed 2 October 2014
I've read 66 novels and 23 collections of short stories.
My calculation is that there are 86 titles, 66 of them are novels.
Page last updated 11 June 2016
4.3, THE MONOGRAM MURDERS, Sophie Hannah - the revival of Hercule Poirot??
4.0, BLACK COFFEE, Agatha Christie (novelised by Charles Osborne)
Read & reviewed so far
- 1920, THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES
- 1922, THE SECRET ADVERSARY
- 1923, THE MURDER ON THE LINKS
- 1924, THE MAN IN THE BROWN SUIT
1924, Poirot Investigates (short stories: eleven in the UK, fourteen in the US)
- 1925, THE SECRET OF CHIMNEYS - Superintendent Battle
- 1926, THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD
- 1927, THE BIG FOUR
- 1928, THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN
- 1929, THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY - Superintendent Battle
1929, Partners in Crime (fifteen short stories; featuring Tommy and Tuppence)
- 1930, THE MURDER AT THE VICARAGE
1930, The Mysterious Mr. Quin (twelve short stories; introducing Mr. Harley Quin)
- 1931, THE SITTAFORD MYSTERY (aka MURDER AT HAZELMOOR)
- 1932, PERIL AT END HOUSE
1932 The Thirteen Problems (thirteen short stories; featuring Miss Marple, also known as The Tuesday Club Murders in the US)
- 1933, LORD EDGEWARE DIES (aka THIRTEEN AT DINNER)
- 1934, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (aka MURDER IN THE CALAIS COACH)
- 1934, WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK EVANS? (aka THE BOOMERANG CLUE)
1991, Problem at Pollensa Bay publ. 1991 (Two of them feature Hercule Poirot, two Mr. Satterthwaite and Mr. Harley Quin, and two Mr Parker Pyne.)
- 1935, THREE ACT TRAGEDY (aka MURDER IN THREE ACTS)- Hercule Poirot and Mr Satterthwaite.
1933, The Hound of Death - 12 short stories, UK only
1934, Parker Pyne Investigates - 12 stories introducing Parker Pyne and Ariadne Oliver
1934, The Listerdale Mystery - 12 short stories, UK only
- 1935, DEATH IN THE CLOUDS (aka DEATH IN THE AIR) - Hercule Poirot
1937, Murder in the Mews - four novellas featuring Hercule Poirot
- 1936, THE A.B.C. MURDERS (aka THE ALPHABET MURDERS) - Hercule Poirot
1947, The Labours of Hercules - Hercule Poirot - 12 short stories
1997, Miss Marple: complete short stories - Miss Marple - 20 short stories
1997, While the Light Lasts - 9 short stories - incl. 2 Hercule Poirot
- 1936, MURDER IN MESOPOTAMIA - Hercule Poirot
- 1936, CARDS ON THE TABLE - Hercule Poirot, Superintendent Battle, Colonel Race, Ariadne Oliver
- 1938, HERCULE POIROT'S CHRISTMAS (aka MURDER FOR CHRISTMAS, aka A HOLIDAY FOR MURDER) - Hercule Poirot
- 1937, DUMB WITNESS (aka POIROT LOSES A CLIENT)
- 1937, DEATH ON THE NILE - Hercule Poirot, Colonel Race
- 1938, APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH - Hercule Poirot, Colonel Carbury
- 1939, MURDER IS EASY (aka EASY TO KILL) - Superintendent Battle
- 1939, TEN LITTLE NIGGERS (aka AND THEN THERE WERE NONE; also TEN LITTLE INDIANS)
- 1940, SAD CYPRESS - Hercule Poirot
- 1940, ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE (aka AN OVERDOSE OF DEATH; also THE PATRIOTIC MURDERS) - Hercule Poirot
- 1941, EVIL UNDER THE SUN - Hercule Poirot
- 1941, N or M? - Tommy & Tuppence
- 1942, THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY - Miss Marple
- 1942, FIVE LITTLE PIGS (aka MURDER IN RETROSPECT) - Hercule Poirot
- 1942, THE MOVING FINGER (aka THE CASE OF THE MOVING FINGER) - Miss Marple
- 1944, TOWARDS ZERO (aka COME AND BE HANGED) - Superintendent Battle
- 1944, DEATH COMES AS AN END - set in Egypt 2000 BC
- 1945, SPARKLING CYANIDE (aka REMEMBERED DEATH) - Colonel Race
- 1946, THE HOLLOW (aka MURDER AFTER HOURS) - Hercule Poirot
- 1948, TAKEN AT THE FLOOD (aka THERE IS A TIDE...) - Hercule Poirot
- 1949, CROOKED HOUSE - stand alone: Charles Hayward
- 1950, A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED - Miss Marple, Inspector Craddock
- 1951, THEY CAME TO BAGHDAD - Victoria Jones
- 1952, MRS McGINTY'S DEAD (aka BLOOD WILL TELL) - Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver, Superintendent Spence
- 1952, THEY DO IT WITH MIRRORS (aka MURDER WITH MIRRORS) -Miss Marple
- 1953, AFTER THE FUNERAL (aka FUNERALS ARE FATAL) - Hercule Poirot
- 1953, A POCKET FULL OF RYE- Miss Marple
- 1955, HICKORY DICKORY DOCK (aka HICKORY DICKORY DEATH) - Hercule Poirot
- 1954, DESTINATION UNKNOWN (aka SO MANY STEPS TO DEATH) - stand alone
- 1956, DEAD MAN'S FOLLY - Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver, Inspector Bland
- 1957, 4.50 FROM PADDINGTON (aka WHAT MRS MCGILLICUDDY SAW, MURDER SHE SAID) - Miss Marple, Inspector Craddock
- 1958, 4.5, ORDEAL BY INNOCENCE - stand alone, Inspector Huish, Dr. Calgary
- 1959, 4.3, CAT AMONG THE PIGEONS - Hercule Poirot, Mr. Robinson
- 1961, 4.4, THE PALE HORSE - Mark Easterbrook, Ariadne Oliver
- 1962, 4.7, THE MIRROR CRACK'D FROM SIDE TO SIDE (aka THE MIRROR CRACK'D) - Miss Marple
- 1963, THE CLOCKS - Hercule Poirot
- 1964, 4.4, A CARIBBEAN MYSTERY - Miss Marple
- 1965, 4.3, AT BERTRAM'S HOTEL - Miss Marple
- 1966, 4.4, THIRD GIRL - Hercule Poirot
also an audio version: THE THIRD GIRL - Hercule Poirot and Ariadne Oliver
- 1967, 4.4, ENDLESS NIGHT- standalone
- 1968, BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS - Tommy and Tuppence
- 1969, 4.5, HALLOWE'EN PARTY - Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver, ex-Superintendent Spence
- 1970, 2.0, PASSENGER TO FRANKFURT - Christie's last stand alone
- 1971, 4.4, NEMESIS - the last Miss Marple she wrote
- 1972, 4,3, ELEPHANTS CAN REMEMBER - Poirot and Ariadne Oliver
- 1973, 3.8, POSTERN OF FATE (Last novel Christie ever wrote) - Tommy and Tuppence
- 1975, 4.6, CURTAIN (Poirot's last case, written about 35 years earlier)
- 1976, 4.7, SLEEPING MURDER (Miss Marple's last case, written about 35 years earlier)
If you'd like to join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge click here.
I am using the list at Wikipedia of novels and collections of short stories. I will interlace the short story collections into the list where I can, but may have to read them out of order.
Here is my short story record.
Please feel free to join in my challenge, comment on my reviews etc.
I have set up a block over in the right hand column called Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (with the same logo as this post) where I am listing the books I'm currently reading and those I've finished.
The challenge is called ACRC so each review will be preceded by those letters.
If you want to follow my progress through your RSS reader, then the RSS URL is
Just save that in your bookmarks or RSS reader and you will be notified when I have written a new post.
Alternatively you could subscribe to the feed through FeedMyInbox. Just copy the RSS URL, click on the FeedMyInbox link and paste the URL in there.
You will need to confirm your subscription by email.
Contribute your blog postings about any Agatha Christie novels to the monthly carnival. Make an agreement with yourself that whenever you complete reading an Aggie you will write a blog posting about it and then submit the posting to the carnival.
If you are participating in the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge then write updates like this one and submit them to the Carnival. Let us know what progress you are making.